Friday, May 2, 2008

Britannica

Anyone who happens to stumble upon my blog may note that the column to the right features (currently) 3 widgets from the encyclopedia Britannica. These are available free to anyone out there and can be quite helpful for the theme of my blog, useless knowledge. But the much more important tidbit of information I wish to share is Britannica's new WebShare initiative.
If you have not heard already, the folks at Britannica are offering full use of the encyclopedia to anyone who regularly publishes on a blog or website. They individually select candidates so creating a blog for the encyclopedia is probably a dumb idea.
Anyway, they were nice enough to grant me access so in the pursuit of my studies I'll be citing them. Those who do not have access will be able to view the articles I cite for free on Britannica's website.
Its an initiative to read blogs and we're advertising the encyclopedia for them, win-win I guess.

No comments: