Saturday, October 4, 2008

Amazon's Kindle 2 leaked

Boy Genius Report gets ahold of some photos of the next-generation digital Reader from Amazon, and they seem real.

Though I'm currently using my iPhone as an eReader, this could of course change. I decided to use my iPhone because of the convenience and because I'm sick of having so many books in my overloaded bag. So I'm interested in such devices. Kindle hasn't really impressed me too much but I'll undoubtedly take a look at the device if I happen to have a chance. As for Sony's new device, mentioned in the article, it does really intrigue me. Apparently these readers are beginning to incorporate some touch screen technology but what really caught my interest is the mention of being able to annotate the text. As a student, this is a must. If I'm going to make a full conversion one day I need an easy way to totally highlight and scribble on my book. Of course, such features come with a price and Sony is asking for $400 for their lovely new device. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open at the very least.

I do recommend anyone with an iPhone who is doing a significant amount of reading, purchase the Annotater [sic] app through Apple's App store it does allow for a significant amount of well, annotation.

View Original Article

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I myself am addicted to Kindle now for all my books. Well I say that kindle is never going to fail, millions of people have been using this and all are satisfied with the results of kindle, kindle conversion, in every aspect. I do have a kindle and the ebooks I buy, publishers get it published from ebookconversion.com

M. Dragoni said...

Thanks for the comment. Since the original post I've kind of converted. Problem is that my wallet hasn't agreed with my needs. I want the Kindle I just now a means to afford one. Since I discovered that the Kindle does offer some annotation I've changed my mind.
Also, Amazon's online library is growing by the day and I'm deeply impressed by what has been offered. Even obscure history books!