Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kindle for the iPhone

I recently purchased a Kindle 2, my insatiable need to have all that's
new and pretty. Yesterday, I received an email regarding the release
of the Kindle app for the iPhone. I wasn't as furious as might be
expected. One, the current app is rather limited. Two, I love the
simplicity of my Kindle it does what it's built to do, and it does it
quite well. Three, annotations are much easier with actual buttons to
press - no nonfiction is out. As for now, I'm using my iPhone at the
gym to read fiction.
I'm a little discouraged by some of the reviews. Many compare the
Kindle app to the Kindle itself, they also compare the Kindle app to
the features of other reader apps (eReader). This is fair, but one
buys a toaster for toast. I buy an e-reader to read books. Amazon as a
massive library readily available to iPhone users. Plus, the books are
a lot cheaper. It's obviously a work in process but the library
itself, available to all these new users will, I hope, stimulate an
even greater expansion of the library Amazon has.

No comments: